Hi Everyone, for those who have questions on what we do, please see below! 🙂
What is a career coach?
- Career coaches help people for a living
- They assist with career related issues & services
- Act as a guide for clients who need help clarifying their purpose concerning their career, performance improvement or just help achieving their career goals.
- Can relate to organizational dynamics and the business world
- Do not require an advanced degree or need a degree in psychology or counseling
When to reach out to a Career Coach
- When you’re in transition and don’t know what to do next
- When you need help establishing your career or business goals
- When you have career goals; however, you need the motivation & guidance to reach them
- When you need assistance with career performance and how to get to the next level in your career
- When you need to connect with people from the industries you want to get into
What makes an effective Career Coach?
- One who is a great listener
- A motivator
- One who is upfront with the client about what they charge, what they do & outlines clear expectations for the client
- One who is confident in the services they provide
- One who is empathetic and tries to establish a relationship with the client
- One who genuinely cares about their clients
What do Career Coaches do?
- Get an overview of the clients career experience and find out what the client is looking to get out of the coaching services
- Set clear expectations of what the client will receive from their services
- Put together an action plan based on the clients needs and goals
- Help with resume writing
- Interview coaching
- Give personality tests
- Put together workshops
How to find a Career Coach
- Internet search engines
- Friends, family & co-workers who have used them
- Networking events